MTB North Marathon is a MTB biking competition, open to any professional or amateur biker, registered or unregistered in a biking club, who owns a bike in a suitable technical state, a protection helmet, has a minimum of equipment, experience and knowledge in this area and is in good health condition.
MTB North Marathon is organized by Asociatia Nord and is part of the festival Zilele Nordului, produced by Asociatia Fapte.
In order to participate in this competition, you must read its Rules & Regulations on its website before registering. If you are a minor, the responsibility is both yours and one of your parents’ (or legal guardian’s), by signing the „Participation Agreement” by your parent (legal guardian).
Signing the agreement implies that you have read, understood and accepted these Rules & Regulations. Completing your registration by filling in the registration form means that you have read and understood the Rules & Regulations.
Part I : Registration, entry fee and race package
- Entry fee: 80 lei until 1st of March; 90 lei between 2nd of March and 1st of June; 100 lei between 2nd of June and 1st of August, 120 lei between 2nd of August and 1st of September. Registrations made after 2nd of August do not guarantee the technical biking t-shirt. The last registrations can be made 30 minutes before the competition starts.
- The race package includes: competition number, technical biking t-shirt from Vifra, CIP timing, package from Ethic Sport, hydration points, participation diploma, voucher for the competition raffle, invitation at the bikers’ dinner, after party in Poiana Teioasa and invitation for the Zilele Nordului festival, finisher’s medal. The organizers reserve the right to modify the content of the race package. All modifications will be announced.
- Prizes: medals, trophies, cash prizes worth 10000 lei, gifts from the partners of the competition.
- Free accommodation for the participants in the official camping places from Pomarla and Darabani (for those who want to attend the Zilele Nordului festival).
Means of registration
- Online, on our website: maratonulnordului.ro, by filling in the registration form. The payment will be made only after receiving the receipt through PO, in cash at the beginning of the race or by bank transfer. After you fill in the registration form, you have 7 days to validate your registration by making the payment. Otherwise, your registration will not be taken into consideration.
- On the day of the race, registrations can be made at the starting point of the race.
In order for your registration to be validated, you need to check the option “I’ve read and agreed with the Rules & Regulations of this competition.” Validation and assignment of your competition number will only be made after your payment of the entry fee.
Your payment can include the fees for more participants; in order to do so, please send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , specifying the full name of the participants.
Information about picking up the race package will be available shortly before the competition.
Those who registered and are not present at the start of the race will be disqualified by the organizers. Those who abandon the competition will not receive a refund of the entry fee.
Part II: Age categories
You can register for one of the following categories:
1.1 Short track – male
- Under 18 years old
- 19-29 years old
- 30-39 years old
- 40-49 years old
- Over 50 years old
1.2 Short track – female – OPEN system
1.3 Long track – male
- Under 18 years old
- 19-29 years old
- 30-39 years old
- 40-49 years old
- Over 50 years old
1.4 Long track – female – OPEN system
- ELITE – long track exclusively
2.1 Male: OPEN system
2.2 Female: OPEN system
You should register in one of the mentioned categories according to your age at the start of the race (1st of September 2018).
If the number of participants for an Amateur category is less than 7 (seven), the respective category will be merged with a proximate category. For the “over 50” category, for both the short and long track, there is no restriction in the number of participants in order for it to be validated; but, the participants will only receive medals, diplomas and gifts from our partners (no cash prizes).
For the ELITE category, the minimum number of participants for the competition to be validated is also 7. If there are less participants, there will be no cash prizes.
Part III: The schedule
The schedule of the competition will be announced via e-mail to all the validated participants, minimum one week in advance of the start.
Part IV: Participants’ obligations
- providing correct and complete information for the registration;
- paying the entry fee no later than picking up the race package;
- using a protection helmet throughout the entire race (MANDATORY);
- for the long track: using a MTB bike (no restrictions for the short track);
- putting up the competition number so that it is visible (on the handlebar of the bike, up front). The number should only be taken off after crossing the finish line or after the organizers validated your abandon;
- carefully following the trail and checking in at every control point of the trail (it is forbidden to use shortcuts);
- respecting the time limit mentioned in the part Trails. Participants that do not respect the time frame will automatically be registered as “abandon”;
- moving orderly behind the police car from the starting point to where the highway ends (if it will be the case);
- respecting the rules, advice and indications that the organizers or the police give throughout the competition and the special regulations in the frontier area;
- paying attention and respecting the traffic rules on the public roads;
- paying attention to the obstacles that may occur off the public roads: people, animals, branches etc.;
- adapting the speed and biking style in the areas marked as dangerous;
- paying attention to the direction changes in the trail;
- having a fair-play attitude;
- not creating dangerous situations for themselves or other participants;
- not using electrical bikes, motorcycles, towing from other vehicles (unless abandoning the competition);
- announcing the closest control point (or the organizers, by phone) of any serious issue encountered on the trail, including abandon. The abandon can only be announced by the participant (by phone or at the control/nutrition points, where he/she will wait for the organizers to validate the abandon);
- not throwing garbage/ non-biodegradable items on the trail (there will be special spots to do so at the control points);
- respecting the nature and the people they encounter throughout the trail;
- respecting the regulations and imposed behavior in the frontier area;
- being aware that their participation in this competition is made in full knowledge of their physical and mental ability to participate in the event;
- being responsible for their own security and safety.
The organizers, partners, sponsors and volunteers that are involved in organizing the event will not be made responsible for any injuries, deaths or damages that may occur during the event or as a result of the event.
Disrespecting points 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 will lead to the disqualification of the participant.
Part V Prizes
- The cash prizes budget is 10.000 lei. The money can be willingly donated to the MTB Bike Fund (by specifying so in the registration form). All the participants that finish the race in the specified time frame will be awarded participation diplomas and medals.
- There will be 3 (three) prizes per category (the first to arrive). These prizes can also be donated (fully or partially) to the Bike Fund. Besides the cash prizes, the first three places will receive medals and trophies (for the general winners).
- Prizes for the AMATEUR category: 1st place – 150 lei, 2nd place – 100 lei, 3rd place – 50 lei for every validated category. The general winners (short and long track) will each receive 200 lei. In the “over 50” category there will be no cash prizes.
- Prizes for the ELITE category: 1st place – 1600 lei, 2nd place – 1100 lei, 3rd place – 600 lei for each of the validated categories.
Part VII Declarations
By accepting the rules & regulations and completing the registration form, the participant is self-declaring that:
- he/she is physically, mentally and medically suitable to participate in the sports competition MTB North Marathon. He or she is, therefore, exonerating the organizers and those directly involved in the Marathon (sponsors, partners, volunteers, authorities) of any responsibility regarding demands that he/she or his/her successors might have in the potential events of injuries, sickness, death or other medical issues that may appear during the competition;
- he/she is aware of all the aspects regarding the actual participation in the competition and the risks that may appear (according to the Rules & Regulations of the competition);
- he/she agrees if the organizer (or its sponsors and partners) will use his/her name, photos, videos, quotes for marketing and advertising reasons or for promoting events co-organized by Asociatia Nord and Asociatia Fapte.
Therefore, the participants are taking upon themselves the full responsibility for any injury or damages that may result from their participation in the competition.
Part VII Others
Organizers reserve the right to use the image and name of the participants in advertising purposes of the event (present or future) and other marketing materials needed for the evaluation/presentation of the event that is representing MTB North Marathon.
In case of force majeure, the organizers reserve the right to cancel the competition. In this case, the registered participants will be refunded the entry fee. Any other potential expenses (such as transportation, accommodation – other than the Zilele Nordului camping, meals – other than the festive meal) are not the organizers’ responsibility.
Organizers reserve the right to modify the Rules & Regulations, but only if they announce the changes on the website of the competition no later than 30th of August 2018, 23:59. In extreme cases, any changes will be notified at the race packages pick-up points.
The personal data mentioned in the registration form will not be used for any other purpose than verifying the competition category the participant has registered for.
There will be two trails: long (approx. 50 km) and short (approx. 30 km), on every type of ground: earth, rock, asphalt, grass etc.
- AMATEURS: 4 (four) hours for all the short tracks and 6 (six) hours for the long tracks.
- ELITE: 3 (three) and 50 (fifty) minutes for males and 4 (four) and 30 (thirty) minutes for females.
The MTB North Marathon volunteers will be chosen from the local youth.
Annex 1: Participation agreement for minors
MTB North Marathon
1st of September 2018 – Pomârla, Jud. Botoșani
Full name and surname of the participant: …………………………………………………………………………..
Personal Identification Code …………………………………………………….
I, the undersigned ……………………………………………………………………………………………..
residing in …………………………………………………………………………………………
owner of Identity Card …………………………, phone number ………………………………………
as parent/legal guardian of the participant, I self-declare that my son/daughter is medically able to participate in the competition
MTB North Marathon, 8th Edition, 2018
We take upon ourselves the responsibility for our son’s/daughter’s participation and we guarantee that the Rules & Regulations of the competition (from the website www.maratonulnordului.ro) will be respected.
Parent’s/legal guardian’s signature:
ANNEX 2: BIKE FUND
Bike Fund is a charitable project, still ongoing in 2018.
MTB North Marathon wishes to encourage using the bike as an alternative mean of transportation to and from school, both in rural and crowded urban areas. This habit is important for the health of the youths, but also an act of respect for the environment.
The organizers, participants and sponsors of MTB North Marathon contribute to the Bike Fund, through which kids from the local communities where the event takes place receive new bikes, as donations.
The Bike Fund gets its resources from private donations from sport lovers and also from the prizes fund of MTB North Marathon. The participants have the option to donate their potential prizes in the registration form or at the event. Those who do not wish to donate their prizes will receive them in cash.
The money in the Bike Fund will be used to buy new bikes for the kids and youths in the local community and they will be donated by the participants and authorities during the winners’ festivity.
In 2017, 4 mountain bikes were offered to the kids in the Pomarla-Hiliseu area.